As part of our continuing 20th birthday celebrations, our April charity is Nightingale House Hospice in Wrexham. The hospice has been providing expert care for patients and their families for over 20 years. The hospice employs an expert team that provides medical, practical and emotional support around the clock meaning that running costs are high. As with all charitable organisations, Nightingale House Hospice works tirelessly to raise the funds it needs to keep running.
All donations made to the hospice are used to continue and improve patient care, an idea of the costs involved:
- £12.50 pays for a patient’s meals for a day.
- £36 enables a child or family member to receive bereavement support sessions over a year.
- £120 allows 15 patients to spend the day in the Nightingale House Day Care Unit.
- £115 covers the cost of one of our nursing staff for a day.
- Complementary treatment session costs £15 for half an hour
- Garden maintenance costs £25
- Child bereavement memory crafts costs £20
- A hydrotherapy session costs £40
Every penny counts and the donations made make a real difference to patients and their families in your local community.
GGR are very proud to support this cause and we hope that our donation can help this amazing organisation to carry on with their work.
If you would like to make a donation to the hospice visit their website for details.
Take a look at some of our other 20th birthday charity work: